Develop the Programming Skills to Launch Your Career in a High-Demand Field
Computer programmers are highly sought after by diverse employers in fields like defense contracting, finance, technology and health care, to name a few. With a comprehensive curriculum of applied and interdisciplinary courses, this part-time degree program will help you build and improve a wide range of work-ready technical and cognitive skills related to computer programming.
- Bachelor of Professional Studies undergraduate degree, 120 credits
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of how and why computer systems work.
- Design solutions that encompass functionality and usability.
- Learn how to manage projects, understand system limitations, and write and test the code that will run software applications and programs.
Our Bachelor of Professional Studies (B.P.S.) degrees are different than B.A. and B.S. degrees in important and necessary ways:
About This Program:
- 100% Online
- 6 Start Dates a Year
- 8-Week Courses
- Transfer Up to 90 Credits
- Study Part Time
- Blend of Asynchronous and Synchronous Learning
- Design a system, component or process to meet desired outcomes within realistic constraints.
- Demonstrate ability to successfully function on multi-disciplinary team.
- Exhibit the ability to identify, formulate and solve problems.
- Explain and illustrate professional and ethical responsibility.
Learn to succeed in positions like:
- Applications Engineer
- Quality Assurance Analyst
- JAVA Software Engineer/Developer
- Business Systems Analyst
- Web Developer
- Solutions Architect
- Systems Engineer
- Software Developer
Sample courses in the Computer Programming Curriculum:
- SCP 220 – Basic Principles of Computer Programming
- SCP 285 – Object Orientated Programming
- SCP 305 – Database Management
- SCP 405 – Programming in C++
- SCP 420 – Web Application and Design
- SCP 483 – C# (C Sharp) and Windows Programming
You may also be interested in the following programs: