Earn an industry leading extended reality (XR) design certificate for one of the most in demand skills in the market with Syracuse University’s College of Professional Studies in partnership with Circuit Stream. In this 10-week online program, you will learn to design new experiences for augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR) and XR technologies, gain best practices and a fundamental toolbox to create intuitive and immersive user interfaces. Topics include best user experience (UX) and usability theory and practices, visual design, prototyping and VR interactions.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Understand the process of designing new experiences for AR/VR/XR and how it differs from designing for web or mobile software
- Apply the best practices and patterns of design to immersive environments and XR application
- Consider the usability considerations when designing for immersive experiences
- Use tools processes and techniques to design interfaces and layouts
This program is offered completely online over the course of 10 weeks. There are two 1.5-hour online live sessions per week along with optional evening drop-in office hours offered an hour each day Monday through Friday. The course is divided into eight modules with a varying number of lessons within each module. Feedback is delivered through the following:
- Quizzes – Formative Assessment: After the end of each module, you’ll have access to contextual questions that help you review what you’ve learned.
- Problem-based learning challenges: In every lesson, you’ll have access to two different challenges.
Participation in the course requires high-speed internet access and a PC or Laptop that can run VR. Although headsets are not required for the course, we strongly recommend having one. Oculus Quest 2 is one of the best cost-benefit options and works great for beginners.
Certificate of Completion:
To receive a certificate of completion at the end of the program, at a minimum, students must attend at least 70% of the live sessions to be eligible for the Syracuse University and Circuit Stream XR Designer Certification.
- Module 1: User experience and Interaction Design for XR
- Module 2: Introduction to Unity
- Module 3: Prototyping Virtual Worlds
- Module 4: Prototyping VR Interactions in Unity
- Module 5: Creating Immersive Visual Effects
- Module 6: Immersive Storytelling in XR
- Module 7: Prototyping AR Interactions in Unity
- Module 8: Implement Immersive and Augmented Interfaces
|Course||Interaction Design and Prototyping for XR|
|Upcoming Dates||July 13, 2022|
|Required Fees||Choose between the Start and Plus Pack:|
Starter Pack $3950: 10-week Interaction Design and Prototyping for XR course
Plus Pack $4950: Get everything in the starter pack plus
– 4-week C# Scripting Fundamentals
– 10 hours 1:1 with an expert
Call 315.234.1429 to speak to an enrollment advisor to learn more.