Earn an industry leading augmented reality/virtual reality (AR/VR) certificate for one of the most in-demand skills in the market with Syracuse University’s College of Professional Studies in partnership with Circuit Stream. In this 10-week online program, you will learn to create AR and VR applications using Unity, C# and industry-standard tools for developing extended reality (XR) applications. Through a proven, project-based curriculum, you will complete the course with the foundational skills needed to build immersive technologies in XR.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Create their own VR or AR project in Unity
- Design for different XR platforms
- Manage production of XR projects
- Analyze the technical feasibility of XR projects
- Collaborate in teams working with Unity
- Leverage a powerful network in the XR industry
This program is offered completely online over the course of 10 weeks. There are two 1.5-hour online live sessions per week along with optional evening drop-in office hours offered an hour each day Monday through Friday. The course is divided into eight modules with a varying number of lessons within each module. Feedback is delivered through the following:
- Quizzes – Formative Assessment: After the end of each module, you’ll have access to contextual questions that help you review what you’ve learned.
- Problem-based learning challenges: In every lesson, you’ll have access to two different challenges
Participation in the course requires high-speed internet access and a PC or Laptop that can run VR. Although headsets are not required for the course, we strongly recommend having one. Oculus Quest 2 is one of the best cost-benefit options and works great for beginners.
Certificate of Completion:
To receive a certificate of completion at the end of the program, at a minimum, students must attend at least 70% of the live sessions to be eligible for the Syracuse University and Circuit Stream XR Developer with Unity certification.
- Module 1: Introduction to Unity
- Module 2: Programming in Unity with C#
- Module 3: Introduction to AR with Vuforia
- Module 4: Introduction to VR in Unity
- Module 5: Implementing VR Locomotion
- Module 6: Implementing VR Interactions
- Module 7: Introduction to AR Foundation
- Module 8: Final Project
|Course||XR Development with Unity|
|Upcoming Dates||May 17, 2022|
|Required Fees||Choose between the Start and Plus Pack:|
Starter Pack $3950: 10-week XR Development with Unity course
Plus Pack $4950: Get everything in the starter pack plus
– 4-week C# Scripting Fundamentals
– Unity Certification Exam
– 10 hours 1:1 with an expert
Call 315.234.1429 to speak to an enrollment advisor to learn more.