Supporting You With Your Online Studies
The Office of Online Student Success creates an environment where online students are supported as members of the Syracuse University community. Online student success advisors provide academic and online success advising as well as coordination of resources and strategies to empower academic and personal development.
Your Online Success Advisor
Each student admitted to an online degree program is assigned an online success advisor. Your advisor will start working with you at the point of admission and will continue throughout your degree progression. Our goal is to provide an individualized experience, which includes proactive and holistic outreach. You will hear from our team often! Here are just some examples of what you can expect from your online success advisor:
- Reliable outreach and check-ins
- Transcript evaluation
- Identification of degree requirements and options
- Assistance with course selection and registration
- Consistent monitoring of your academic progress
- Experiential learning credit eligibility assessment
Online Success Advising
- Connection to a variety of strategies to help you feel comfortable in the online environment
- Instruction on how to use Blackboard, the online learning management system where all course information is stored
- Individual and/or group practice sessions in the web conferencing platform to help you prepare for your first live class
- Connections and access to Syracuse University resources and support
- Prompt response and/or appropriate referral for any of your questions (if we don’t know the answer, we will connect you with someone who will).
- Regular tips, announcements and reminders to help support your academic experience
The Orange Online Student Success Toolkit
The Online Student Success team manages a crucial online resource for your use called the Orange Online Toolkit. Upon admission, you will be granted access to the Toolkit through Blackboard. You can log-in to Blackboard using your Syracuse University NetID and password. The Toolkit is regularly updated with information for quick and easy access, including but not limited to:
- How to use Syracuse University online platforms (MySlice, Blackboard, Orange Success, etc.)
- How to navigate asynchronous and synchronous course content
- Tips for success as an online student
- Information on relevant Syracuse University resources and policies
Experiencing technical difficulties?
Our Information Technology Services (ITS) HelpDesk is available to you!
- Search the website: The ITS Website has a wealth of information you may find useful. Pay particular attention to the Services section for important information.
- Submit a ticket: Additionally, you can submit a help ticket directly through the website here.
- Blackboard help: To search for answers to your Blackboard questions, visit:
Answers self-help knowledge base
- Login Issues or other assistance needed? Contact the ITS Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 315.443.2677
Sunday-Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m. (EST)
Friday & Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (EST)
Full Support Schedule (NetID Login Required)
Have a question? Not sure where to go?
- Email your Online Success Advisor directly
- Call us between 8:30 a.m. -5 p.m. (EST) at 315.443.3256
- Email the OSS team at email@example.com
- Check out the Orange Online Toolkit for many important links, reminders and information
Online Success Advisor | Online Student Success
Prior Learning Assessment Advisor | Online Student Success
Senior Online Success Advisor | Online Student Success
Assistant Director of Operations | Online Student Success
Executive Director | Online Student Success
Operations Coordinator | Online Student Success