It doesn’t matter where you started your degree – you can finish it at Syracuse University!

The credits you earned at other accredited institutions (including community colleges) may be transferable to Syracuse University. Applicants who wish to continue their studies at Syracuse University on a part-time basis do so through the College of Professional Studies. 

Flexible Course Formats

Degree programs can be completed part time by taking campus courses or through a variety of flexible course formats (including accelerated, condensed, online and weekend). We welcome transfer students from colleges across the country in almost all undergraduate programs of study.

Transfer Agreements

Syracuse University has transfer articulation relationships with a select number of colleges. If you are attending a college that is currently not on the Articulation Agreements list, consult the College of Professional Studies Academic Advising Office for proper course scheduling and advising when considering a transfer to Syracuse University.

Transfer Credits

Transfer credits are based on the content of courses previously completed, their applicability to the intended program and the quality of the student’s performance. Credit is allowed only for those courses in which a grade of C or better has been earned.

Students may transfer:

  • Credits from accredited American colleges and universities
  • Credits from approved institutions in other countries
  • Credits from external examinations
  • Extra-institutional learning

Undergraduate students must take at least 30 credit hours of coursework at Syracuse University in order to be granted a Syracuse University degree. Syracuse University will accept a maximum of 66 credit hours from two-year colleges and will grant a maximum of 90 semester credit hours from four-year colleges. View the Academic Rules and Regulations for more information about transferring college credit.

Experiential Learning Credits

Determining if you are eligible to to be assessed for experiential learning credit is a highly individualized process that will offer you the opportunity to petition for college credit for the knowledge, training, and skills you have previously gained through a broad range of experiences outside of the traditional academic setting.

Students should first work with their academic advisor to determine if they are a good candidate for pursuing experiential learning credit.

Learn more about experiential learning credit

More information on how you can attend Syracuse University:

If you want to explore the possibilities or get started as a part-time student at Syracuse University, you have a few options:

  • Attend an online information session
  • Drop in any weekday between 2 and 4 p.m. and meet one-on-one with an academic and financial aid advisor.
  • Call us at 315.443.3261 to speak to an advisor.
  • Call  315.443.9378 for more information or fill out our Request Information form.

Intra-University Transfers

The Bachelor of Professional Studies degree programs require a 2.5 GPA for an intra-university transfer. For more information, contact the Student Academic Services office.