Learn to Interpret and Translate Data into Market-Ready, Actionable Information
Tying together the fields of computer science, management and business intelligence, the applied data and predictive analytics degree program will prepare budding analysts to derive insights from complex data.
- Bachelor of Professional Studies undergraduate degree, 120 credits
- Learn broad skills in information systems, quantitative and qualitative analysis, data graphics and visualization.
- Analyze data and perspectives from a variety of sources, translate the unstructured information into actionable findings, and identify opportunities.
- Demonstrate the ability to discover insights, create powerful predictions and drive critical business decisions with measurable performance.
- This degree represents a partnership between the College of Professional Studies and the iSchool at Syracuse University.
Our Bachelor of Professional Studies (B.P.S.) degrees are different than B.A. and B.S. degrees in important and necessary ways:
About This Program:
- 100% Online
- 6 Start Dates a Year
- 8-Week Courses
- Transfer Up to 90 Credits
- Study Part Time
- Blend of Asynchronous and Synchronous Learning
Applied Data and Predictive Analytics Learning Outcomes
- Create data models and data warehouses.
- Develop various digital graphics techniques and data visualization methods.
- Demonstrate statistical and predictive/applied analytics methods and applications.
Learn to succeed in positions like:
- Marketing Manager
- Management Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Software Developer
- Project/Product Manager
- Market Research Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Data Engineer
Sample courses in the Applied Data and Predictive Analytics curriculum:
- IST 414 Data Driven Inquiry
- IST 407 Data Mining
- IST 421 Information Visualization
- PPM 325 Project Communications and Stakeholder Management
- KNM 310 Knowledge Capture and Codification
- IST 343 Data in Society
- IST 387 Introduction to Applied Data Science
You may also be interested in the following programs: