The 15-credit Cannabis Studies online credit certificate provides a foundation of knowledge across the cannabis industry including governing laws, plant science and extracts, medicinal properties, plant cultivation and harvesting, as well as business and employment opportunities.
START NOW GRANT: Apply and get admitted into an online undergraduate degree or certificate to receive the Start Now Grant which gives you $200 off your first 15 credits towards a degree or 18 credits for a certificate or upon completion of the certificate, an opportunity to save up to $3,000 or more!
- Identify the differences between marijuana and hemp products.
- Define the legal and regulatory systems governing the cannabis industry.
- Analyze the science behind and health benefits / risks in the use of cannabis derived products.
- Explain the key components of cannabis cultivation, manufacturing, processing and distribution.
- Assess the various components of starting and maintaining a cannabis related business.
Courses (choose 5 of the 6 below courses)
- CAN 301 – Cannabis Business Operations
- CAN 310 – Cannabis Startups
- CAN 315 – Cannabis Law, Policy and Social Justice
- CAN 320 – Cannabis Science and Health
- CAN 325 – Cannabis Cultivation
- CAN 330 – Cannabis Manufacturing, Processing & Distribution
Requirement for admission:
- Prior higher education experience required.