Gain a Solid Knowledge of the Health Care System to Impact Performance and Process Improvement
The business of health care is shifting, and its current focus is on maintaining the value and the quality of care while reducing costs to stakeholders. This diverse course blending, balanced with health and management cores, will prepare you for career placement or advancement in the health care field.
- Bachelor of Professional Studies undergraduate degree, 120 credits
- Gain foundational knowledge of the health care field.
- Learn about business, finance, electronic records management, human resources, project management, negotiation and conflict management skills within the context of the health care field.
- Prepare to play a critical role in our health care system by creating the best experience possible for patients and improving their lives.
Our Bachelor of Professional Studies (B.P.S.) degrees are different than B.A. and B.S. degrees in important and necessary ways:
About This Program:
- 100% Online
- 6 Start Dates a Year
- 8-Week Courses
- Transfer Up to 90 Credits
- Study Part Time
- Blend of Asynchronous and Synchronous Learning
- Apply leadership and management concepts and theory to effectively devise and facilitate sustainable organizational processes, operations and strategies.
- Critically analyze concepts and theory related to communicable disease, its impact globally and locally, and to effectively manage and prevent further transmission.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and competence in applying financial management models to health care organizations.
- Apply health care law, ethics, and the protection of electronic records to policy and procedure development.
- Articulate strategies for developing wellness initiatives at the organizational, personal and client level.
Learn to succeed in positions like:
- Hospital Administrator
- Health Care Practice Manager
- Insurance Compliance Manager
- Medical Facility Manager
- Physician Office Manager
- Home Health Care Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Administrative Medical Assistant
Sample courses in the Healthcare Administration Curriculum:
- HCA 210 – The Business of Healthcare
- HCA 310 – Electronic Healthcare Systems
- HCA 320 – Crisis (Emergency) Management
- HCA 370 – Human Resource Management
- HCA 450 – The Business of Global Health and Epidemiology
- PHP 312 – Introduction to Healthcare Management
- PHP 313 – Issues and Challenges: U.S. Healthcare Delivery
- PHP 413 – Introduction to Healthcare Quality Improvement
You may also be interested in the following programs: