The College of Professional Studies offers several online minors, allowing students to pursue unique interests and complement their undergraduate program of study. A list of the minors offered, and the program requirements can be found here: Online Degrees and Certificates – College of Professional Studies – Syracuse University
College of Professional Studies minors are available to matriculated undergraduate students from all Syracuse University schools and colleges, provided they have the permission of their home school or college, are in good academic standing, and enter the program with sufficient time to complete the required courses, generally no later than the first semester of junior year. Declaration of minor requests are accepted on a rolling basis, and decisions are made on a space-available basis.
- All College of Professional Studies courses for the minor are offered online in an 8-week format.
- Two 8-week sessions are offered per semester in the Fall, Spring and Summer terms.
- All courses include a required 90-minute live synchronous Zoom session each week.
- Live sessions take place in the evenings between 6:30-8 p.m. or 8-9:30 p.m.
- The 8-week classes do not observe any Syracuse University holidays or school breaks.
To Declare a College of Professional Studies Minor
- Check with your home school or college to make sure you have room in your program for the required 18 credits of coursework and that you are in good academic standing.
- Map out the minor courses with your academic advisor to ensure that you can complete the 18 credits prior to your anticipated graduation, and that you have room in your academic degree program.
- NOTE: Credits in the College of Professional Studies minor degree programs are Non-Arts and Sciences credits and may not be degree applicable in your program of study.
- Complete the Declaration of Minor form and return it via email to email@example.com
- Main Campus Students: Prior to approving your minor declaration form, the minor coordinator will speak with you and request an email confirmation directly from your home school academic advisor that you are able to declare the minor.
- The minor coordinator will sign and return the form to you.
- Take the signed form to your home school or college for processing.
For all students: If you have additional questions about a specific minor, please speak with your academic advisor or email firstname.lastname@example.org.