Project Management Skills Deliver Value Far Into Your Career
Project managers are consistently in high demand. Our 15-credit Project Management Certificate is interdisciplinary and designed to help you explore the foundations of organization, leadership, methodologies, and the communication techniques of project management.
Successful competition of the program satisfies the project management education/training requirement for the Project Management Professional (PMP) and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) exams.
The five online courses required for this certificate are offered in 8-week sessions with a required 90-minute weekly synchronous online component. The weekly synchronous meeting allows you to interact with faculty and fellow students in real-time.
START NOW GRANT: Apply and get admitted into an online undergraduate degree or certificate to receive the Start Now Grant which gives you $200 off your first 15 credits towards a degree or 18 credits for a certificate or upon completion of the certificate, an opportunity to save up to $3,000 or more!
- Define traditional and emerging project management trends and methods.
- Apply project management concepts to successfully launch and complete a project.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concepts connected to globalization as it relates to the project management of large scale team-based projects.
Why get a certificate in Project Management?
- By 2027, employers will need an anticipated 87.7 million individuals to work in project management-oriented roles.*
- Employers will need to fill nearly 2.2 million new project-oriented roles each year through 2027.*
- Students completing the Project Management certificate program will have successfully met the Project Management Institute’s PMP exam education requirement.
- The median salary for PMP holders in the U.S. is 25% higher than those without PMP certification, according to PMI’s most recent Project Management Salary Survey. **
* Source: https://www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public/pdf/learning/job-growth-report.pdf
** Source: https://www.pmi.org/certifications/project-management-pmp
Certificate Curriculum (15 credits)
- PPM 301 Foundations of Project Management (3 credits)
- PPM 310 Project Organization and Leadership (3 credits)
- PPM 315 Project Management Methodologies (3 credits)
- PPM 320 Project Controls (3 credits)
- PPM 325 Project Communications and Stakeholder Management (3 credits)
Requirement for admission – Prior higher education experience required.