In today’s competitive business environment, project management skills are essential for success. Whether you are a project manager, a team member, or a manager, having strong project management skills can help you to achieve your goals and to make a positive impact in your current role or future career.
Our online bachelor’s in project management will give you the skills to create project plans, manage schedules and budgets, identify risks and communicate status reports to stakeholders at all levels within an organization. Developing project management skills can be a valuable investment in your career. Project managers are in high demand, and they can command high salaries. With strong project management skills, you can be well on your way to a successful career.
Our Bachelor of Professional Studies (B.P.S.) degrees are different than B.A. and B.S. degrees in important and necessary ways:
About This Program:
START NOW GRANT: Apply and get admitted in the Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 semesters to be eligible to receive the Start Now Grant which gives you a discounted tuition rate of $495 per credit off your first 15 credits in an online undergraduate degree, an opportunity to save up to $3,000 or more!
- Bachelor of Professional Studies undergraduate degree, 120 credits
- Learn the importance of project management in the context of various organizational and global cultures and strategies.
- Study the key determinants of success in various project management approaches, the typical tools of each approach and the types of deliverables that are produced by project managers in linear, adaptive and hybrid project management approaches.
- Examine the tools to define, coordinate, and measure all project activities, while ensuring control and management of risks, costs and changes to the project in order to achieve stakeholder expectations.
- Learn to address risk management with an approach that provides project management professionals the ability to minimize the threats of risk while maximizing the positive impacts of opportunities.
Project Management Learning Outcomes
- Understand the importance of project management in the context of various organizational and global cultures and strategies.
- Learn how to select an appropriate approach and develop a project management plan that documents the actions necessary to define, coordinate and measure all project activities, while ensuring control and management of risks, costs and changes to the project in order to achieve stakeholder expectations.
- Utilize appropriate communication methods and tools to communicate status reporting, issues tracking, change control and sprint/project reviews.
- Understand the critical factors for project team formation and how team operations must vary with the context and type of project.
- Understand procurement, supply chain management, finance, cost management and other business aspects of project management.
Sample courses in the Project Management curriculum:
- CRL 319 Global Leadership
- PPM 301 Foundations of Project Management
- PPM 310 Project Organization and Leadership
- PPM 315 Project Management Methodologies
- PPM 320 Project Controls
- PPM 325 Project Communications and Stakeholder Management
You may also be interested in the following programs: