Financial Application and Forms

Fall/Spring Undergraduate Financial Aid Application

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

Students may be required to submit copies of income documentation, which means a copy of the requested year’s IRS Tax transcript or non-taxable income documentation (such as from Social Security). Monitor your “To Do” list in MySlice periodically after submitting your completed FAFSA to see what documentation is required to complete your College of Professional Studies Financial aid application.

NOTE: Students admitted for summer or returning in summer after stopping-out for more than a year must complete two years’ FAFSAs, as the summer term is the final term in the academic year; fall, spring, summer. To receive summer aid, the current academic year’s FAFSA is needed (for which June 30th is the last date by which it can be completed). To receive aid in fall, spring and summer of the upcoming year, the newest FAFSA is required. Although summer may be your first term, it is not the first term of the academic year, which is why 2 years’ FAFSAs are needed. If you have questions, please contact the financial aid office.

The Undergraduate Online Application is required only from students who:

  • wish to enroll for a course load other than 6 credits
  • wish to apply for work study
  • request loans
  • notify our office of outside awards

Undergraduate Online Application

Undergraduate Child Care Grant Application

The College of Professional Studies Financial Aid Office provides information about child care grants and information to our undergraduate students who demonstrate financial need. With sponsorship from Syracuse University’s Human Resources department, we have entered into a partnership with Child Care Solutions, a local not-for-profit organization that provides information, referrals, and educational materials to parents who need child care in order to continue their education. Grant money awarded to a student is posted to the student’s Bursar account and paid by us directly to the child care provider. Students must apply each semester. The Child Care Grant Application is available for undergraduate students who demonstrate financial need.

Child Care Grant Information

NYS Aid for Part-time Study Application

This grant program is financed by New York State in conjunction with participating educational institutions throughout the state. The program provides up to $2,000 per academic year (depending on annual state allocation of funds to institutions) to help part-time undergraduate students meet their educational tuition expenses. The prior year NYS income tax return (not federal) must accompany the APTS application.

NYS Aid for Parttime Study Application

Family Member(s) in College Verification Form

If you reported on your FAFSA that more than one family member will be enrolled in college, this information must be verified. Use this form to submit your verification. Changes in the number of family members originally reported in college will result in a review of your financial aid award. Adjustments may be made to the original financial aid award.

Verification of Family Member College Enrollment Form

Release of Student Information

The College of Professional Studies fully complies with the Federal Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) regarding the release of student information. If a student wishes to give a third party permission to discuss their student records, the student must complete the Release of Student Information form and submit it to the Registrar’s office at the College of Professional Studies.

Release Student Information Form

Veterans Administration Educational Benefits Request for Certification Form

Also called the GI Bill®, this program supports veterans, their dependents and their survivors. The SU Veterans’ Resource Center, housed at University College certifies enrollment of SU students who wish to use VA Educational Benefits. Please visit the Office of Veteran and Military Affairs website for additional information.

VRC Certification Form

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at