Student Administrative Services Academic Advising
The College of Professional Studies has one of the most comprehensive advising systems in the country. We use an integrated approach, led by experienced advisors. When a student encounters a barrier to their success, a personalized plan is developed to address the issues that are affecting the student’s progress.
Role of Your Advisor
Our academic advisors are committed to each and every student, whether you’re pursuing a degree program or enrolling in a single class. They work with you every step of the way, from inquiry to registration to graduation, helping you navigate procedures and processes that might be unfamiliar to you.
Advisors are skilled at helping you overcome roadblocks to your success with advice and assistance that can help keep you on track toward your educational goals. Your advisor will help in areas such as:
- General advising on returning to school, selecting courses, and educational options;
- Admission details for specific undergraduate degree programs and other part-time admissions study options, including a graduate program overview;
- Undergraduate part-time transcript evaluation, academic advising, and review of degree requirements;
- Identifying educational and financial services;
- Monitoring your progress;
- Assisting in considering career options;
- Making appropriate referrals to other campus offices;
- Services for students from educationally and financially disadvantaged backgrounds (Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program).
As a part-time student, we encourage you to ask questions, gather information, and explore options so that you and your advisor can develop a meaningful academic plan.