The 18-credit Cannabis Studies online minor provides a foundation of knowledge across the cannabis industry including governing laws, plant science & extracts, medicinal properties, plant cultivation & harvesting, as well as business and employment opportunities.
- Identify differences between marijuana and hemp products.
- Define the legal and regulatory systems governing the cannabis industry.
- Analyze the science behind and health benefits / risks in the use of cannabis derived products.
- Explain the key components of cannabis cultivation, manufacturing, processing, and distribution.
- Assess the various components of starting and maintaining a cannabis related business.
- CAN 301 – Cannabis Business Operations
- CAN 310 – Cannabis Start-ups
- CAN 315 – Cannabis Law, Policy, and Social Justice
- CAN 320 – Cannabis Science and Health
- CAN 325 – Cannabis Cultivation
- CAN 330 – Cannabis Manufacturing, Processing & Distribution
- Must enter program no later than first semester of junior year.
- The minor is open to Syracuse University undergraduate students in good standing with the approval of their home college.