Boost the Efficiency of an Organization’s Decision-Making Ability
Technological advancements have changed the world, and the abundance of data generated throughout today’s organizations must be maintained, managed, and channeled into meaningful insights. Knowledge Management has become an essential skill in our data-driven society that allows organizations to focus on growth and innovation through sharing and applying of knowledge while remembering and documenting lessons learned, creating an organizational memory.
- Bachelor of Professional Studies undergraduate degree, 120 credits
- Learn to identify how knowledge resources that exist in the people, processes and technology of organizations.
- Capture these resources into a formal and reusable construct that allows organizations to focus on growth and innovation through sharing and applying of knowledge while remembering and documenting lessons learned creating an organizational memory.
- Create a process of applying a systematic approach to capture, structure, manage, and disseminate knowledge throughout an organization.
- Acquire the ability to decipher and use data available across multiple industry sectors in the economy including health, energy, manufacturing and finance.
Our Bachelor of Professional Studies (B.P.S.) degrees are different than B.A. and B.S. degrees in important and necessary ways:
About This Program:
- 100% Online
- 6 Start Dates a Year
- 8-Week Courses
- Transfer Up to 90 Credits
- Study Part Time
- Blend of Asynchronous and Synchronous Learning
START NOW GRANT: Apply and get admitted into an online undergraduate degree or certificate to receive the Start Now Grant which gives you $200 off your first 15 credits towards a degree or 18 credits for a certificate or upon completion of the certificate, an opportunity to save up to $3,000 or more!
- Explain the role of technology and its use as a resource tool in organizations, society, social media, and data mining and security.
- Apply knowledge gained to make sense of the amount of data available, systematically problem-solve, and be able to propose creative and design-thinking solutions.
- Develop tasks and work processes for desired organizational outcomes and the ability to work face-to-face or virtually to critically and ethically analyze big data.
- Evaluate the organizational leadership of knowledge management curation and transfer in a local and global workforce.
Learn to succeed in positions like:
- Marketing Management
- Business Analyst
- Training and Development Manager
- Knowledge Management Specialist
- Database Administrator
Sample courses in the Knowledge Management curriculum:
- KNM 310 – Knowledge Capture and Codification
- KNM 311 – Safeguarding Knowledge Management and Codification Data
- KNM 401 – Professional Issues in Knowledge Management
- KNM 402 – Strategy and Planning
- KNM 403 – Process Continuity and Future Planning
- PPM 301 – Foundations of Project Management
- BPS 319 – Global Leadership
You may also be interested in the following programs: