In today’s competitive business environment, project management skills are essential for success. Whether you are a project manager, a team member, or a manager, having strong project management skills can help you to achieve your goals and to make a positive impact in your current role or future career.
Our online certificate of advanced studies (C.A.S.) in project management will give you the skills to create project plans, manage schedules and budgets, identify risks and communicate status reports to stakeholders at all levels within an organization. Developing project management skills can be a valuable investment in your career. Project managers are in high demand, and they can command high salaries. With strong project management skills, you can be well on your way to a successful career.
Designed to be completed in two years, the dynamic learning environment of our online degree program allows you to be fully engaged with your professor and classmates while completing a majority of the coursework on your own time.
About This Program:
- 100% Online
- 3 Start Dates a Year
- 8-Week Courses
- 15 Credits
- Study Part Time
- Blend of Asynchronous and Synchronous Learning
- Graduate-level, fully online, 15 credit certificate of advanced study
- Learn the importance of project management in the context of various organizational and global cultures and strategies.
- Study the key determinants of success in various project management approaches, the typical tools of each approach and the types of deliverables that are produced by project managers in linear, adaptive and hybrid project management approaches.
- Examine the tools to define, coordinate, and measure all project activities, while ensuring control and management of risks, costs and changes to the project in order to achieve stakeholder expectations.
- Learn to address risk management with an approach that provides project management professionals the ability to minimize the threats of risk while maximizing the positive impacts of opportunities.
Project Management Learning Outcomes
- Understand the importance of project management in the context of various organizational and global cultures and strategies.
- Learn how to select an appropriate approach and develop a project management plan that documents the actions necessary to define, coordinate and measure all project activities, while ensuring control and management of risks, costs and changes to the project in order to achieve stakeholder expectations.
- Utilize appropriate communication methods and tools to communicate status reporting, issues tracking, change control and sprint/project reviews.
- Understand the critical factors for project team formation and how team operations must vary with the context and type of project.
- Understand procurement, supply chain management, finance, cost management and other business aspects of project management.
Project Management, C.A.S. Curriculum
- PPM 610 Project Management Fundamentals (required)
Choose 4 of the following (12 Credits)
- PPM 612 Project Planning
- PPM 613 Agile Project Management
- PPM 615 Schedule Development and Management
- PPM 628 Opportunity and Risk Management
- PPM 629 Procurement and Stakeholder Management
- PPM 634 Project Communications Management
Applications for Syracuse University’s online project management C.A.S. are accepted on a rolling basis. No GRE/GMAT is required.
Here’s what you will need to apply:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Official transcripts are required for all college-credit classes you have enrolled in, both undergraduate- and graduate-level.
- Two letters of recommendation. If you have graduated in the past three years, one reference should be academic, and the other can be professional.
- A personal statement discussing your goals and motivation for studying project management.
- A current résumé.