Application Requirements

If you are interested in earning a bachelor’s degree or certificate from Syracuse University part-time, you will need to complete an admissions application. We will consider your entire background when making admissions decisions.

Admission applications are reviewed on a continuing basis, so you can submit an application at any time.

Application Checklist:

In addition to the information needed on the application, please be prepared to submit the following items along with your application:

  • Personal statement (250-500 words)
    The personal statement will be used to demonstrate writing ability as well as to provide information about goals, interests, and values. This statement helps us become familiar with you as a person and student, apart from courses, grades, test scores, and other objective data. It will also demonstrate your ability to organize your thoughts and express yourself.
  • Resume Details of your professional background, skills and accomplishments.
    If you do not have a resume and are apprehensive about the process, a list of experience, volunteer work, achievements, etc. is appropriate. Resumes do not need to follow any standardized format or be of any specific length.
  • Submit ALL official transcripts*
    • Official high school transcript/s required

      If you attended or graduated from high school within the past five (5) years- even if you also attended college – your admissions application review requires an official high school transcript, GED or TASC transcript.

      • If you have 12 college credits or less, you are required to submit your high school transcript and your college transcript(s).

    • Out of HS for more than five (5) years?

      • If you graduated from high school more than five years ago but have not attended a post-secondary institution, a high school transcript is required.
    • Official college transcripts required: All applicants must submit college transcripts for all institutions attended.
    • Official transcripts must be sent separately, outside of the application, to one of the following locations:
      • Electronically (must be sent directly by issuing school/college):
      • Mail:
        Syracuse University, College of Professional Studies – Admissions
        700 University Avenue
        Syracuse, NY 13244
        * Official transcripts must be received directly from the academic institution or evaluation service, either electronically or via mail in the original sealed envelope. Electronic transcripts are considered official if delivered securely through an organization authorized by Syracuse University. All transcripts must be sent at the time of application and not more than 1-year old from application date and include all previous college(s) or high school. Syracuse University must have all transcripts regardless of poor grades, withdraws, etc.
  • Military-Connected Applicants
    Depending on military status, the materials needed for the application may vary. Please submit the following documents:
    • National Guardsmen, Reservists, and Veterans submit either DD-214 or NGB-22 form with application.
    • Active Duty Personnel submit a copy of their most recent orders to verify active status.
    • Military Transcripts: Air Force and Space Force service members order CCAF/Air University transcripts to be sent directly to Syracuse University. All service members from other branches order a JST to be sent directly to Syracuse University.

An admissions consultation will be set up after submitting your application. For faster service, email your availability to

The application fee ($85) is non-refundable. If you need an application fee waiver, please email your request to

Additional guidance on applying to an online credit certificate:

  • To be admitted into an online credit certificate program, you need to have completed 30 or more college credits.

To be admitted into an online part-time minor:

  • Must enter program no later than first semester of your junior year. Minors are open to Syracuse University undergraduate students with the approval of their home college.
  • To be admitted to the program, students must submit a Declaration of Minor form to their academic advisor, the Bachelor of Professional Studies Academic Director and their home college Dean’s office.