Graduate students who are admitted to the below distance degree programs may be eligible for financial aid through the College of Professional Studies. Non-matriculated students and students in a certificate program are eligible only for private/alternative educational loans. Some lenders used by Syracuse University students are listed on Syracuse University’s ELM Select List. Students are not limited to those listed.
- Art Therapy
- Communication Management
- Engineering Management
- Marriage & Family Therapy
Graduate students who meet most of the following requirements may be eligible for financial aid if they file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA):
Additional Requirements for Graduate Financial Aid
- Be enrolled in courses taken at Syracuse University only. For federal student loans, enrollment of at least six credits per semester is required†.
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen with a valid Social Security number.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Be making satisfactory progress in your program of study.
- Not owe an overpayment on any Title IV grant or loan and not be in default on a Title IV loan.
- Register with the selective service, if required.
- Meet the financial aid application deadlines for College of Professional Studies aid.
† If enrolled in less than six credits, students may apply for private/alternative educational loans.
Communication Management and iMBA programs are not accepting admissions applications.
Types of Aid Available: