Don’t let applying for financial aid at the College of Professional Studies intimidate you! Our financial aid advisors will work with you throughout the entire process. They will answer questions, help you fill out forms, and find different aid sources that can help make college affordable for you. The process is made even easier by the fact that everything you need is under one roof in the College of Professional Studies building – financial aid, bursar and registration, and academic advising.
Undergraduate students must meet the following requirements to be eligible for most of the financial aid available through the College of Professional Studies:
- Be matriculated through the College of Professional Studies and enrolled part-time (1 to 11 credit hours per semester) as a regular student in an eligible program. Only courses taken at Syracuse University will be considered when determining your financial aid eligibility. For student loans, federal work-study or SEOG, enrollment of at least six credits per semester is required.
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
- Demonstrate financial need, using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) – Syracuse University School Code 002882.
Note: Federal Unsubsidized student and private loans and the UC Achiever Scholarship are available to students regardless of need.
- Be in good academic standing and making satisfactory progress in your course of study.
- Have a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) Certificate.
- Must not already have a bachelor’s degree. (Loans and institutional aid may be available to second degree students.)
- Must not be in default on a student or PLUS loan.
- Must not owe an overpayment on any Title IV grant or loan.
- If required, must register with the selective service.
- Must submit requested income documentation. View your “To Do” list in MySlice periodically to see if you have items needing completion.